Welcome to the Antillean Adventist Hospital and thank you for choosing us to manage your care. We understand that coming to hospital for a procedure/medical admission can be a stressful time, and we strive to ensure that you have the best possible experience. We hope that your stay with us will be as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
You must bring:
1. Admission Letter (opnamebrief)
2. Valid Identification (ID, Driver License or Passport)
3. Valid letter of guarantee / Insurance card
4. If already completed, tests results from the cardiologist, internist, lab etc.
For patients under the age of 18:
1. Birth certificate
2. Marriage book (trouwboek)
3. If not the biological parents, proof of guardianship
During your stay with us you will need:
• Underwear, Slippers, Handkerchief, Towels, Comb
• Pampers for the elderly & incontinent
• Any medicines you are currently using
• Remove piercings
ADMISSION TO THE HOSPITAL:
If your admission date is the same as your surgery date, present yourself at the reception desk at 6:00 a.m.
If your admission date is before your surgery date, present yourself at the reception desk at 10:00 or 4:00.
You may not eat, drink or smoke from 8:00 p.m. the evening before your operation. The same rules apply to children. A parent or guardian has to stay with the child throughout the whole procedure.
The parent/guardian may eat at the hospital during the stay of the child.
DISCHARGE FROM THE HOSPITAL:
If the doctor declares that you are ready to go home, once you have received your discharge letter (ontslagbrief) you are ready to leave the hospital. Discharge time is between 11:00 a.m. and 12 p.m. in order for us to prepare the room for the next patient.