What do we do?
The dietary services department is staffed with two full-time registered dietitians (RD). Dietitians are qualified healthcare professionals who can assess a patient’s nutritional status, diagnose and plan the necessary intervention for a patient’s requirements based on their medical, dietary, and psychosocial history. They establish priorities, goals, and objectives that meet nutritional needs and are consistent with available resources and constraints. The dietitians will then monitor and evaluate that the treatment plan augments the physicians’ treatment. Dietitians translate scientific evidence-based research on nutrition, health, and disease and apply this information into practical nutrition guidelines to help patients understand the relationship between food and health.
The main services we provide for inpatients include:
- Visiting inpatients one-on-one before meals to ensure that the needs of all patients are met daily.
- Reviewing patients when they are discharged from hospital, as appropriate, in the Outpatient Department. Patients may also be referred directly from clinics in the Outpatient Department. Patients are regularly reviewed, and consultants are made aware of the outcome.
The main services we provide for outpatients include:
- Conducting extensive anthropometric measurements. Anthropometric measurements are used to assess the size, shape, and composition of the human body. We use different methods to gather these measurements, such as weight, height, BMI, waist-to-hip ratio, skin-fold percentage of body fat, and bioelectrical impedance.
- Assessing outpatient nutritional needs.
- Supporting outpatients with the NEWSTART lifestyle program.
- Developing meal plans, taking both cost and patients preferences into account.
- Evaluating the effect of meal plans and changing the plans as needed.
- Proving nutrition counseling for outpatients and people of the community who are interested in weight loss, healthy eating, vegetarian/vegan diet, and the relationship between food and nutrition-related diseases.
Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 16:00
Office Address: Location Damacor (offices in the Palapa)
Contact information: 737-0611 ext. 323 or 332
If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment with one of our dietitians, please fill out the form below.